Sunday, July 31, 2011

SACRED SPACE


Each of us have a sacred space within and in the world~the place that feeds the mind, body & soul. My sacred space is to be in nature by a body of water~the ocean is my favorite destination, but I can be happy by a lake, pond or a stream. I cannot go very long without a visit to the beach in any season and feel so fortunate to live 10 miles from the Long Island Sound! What feeds your soul? Take a moment today to be there in your mind or physically if you are able. Namaste!
The Meaning of "Namaste"

The gesture Namaste represents the belief that there is a Divine spark within each of us that is located in the heart chakra. The gesture is an acknowledgment of the soul in one by the soul in another. "Nama" means bow, "as" means I, and "te" means you. Therefore, Namaste literally means "bow me you" or "I bow to you."(yogajournal.com)




 Photos by Kathleen Ho for Intuitive Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment